Read the daily quote from Pope Francis For Stone sites (975 x 193px)

 

About Our Parish

Humble Beginnings

The first chapel of St. Anthony Parish in Robstown was built in 1908 on the same site where the church now stands.  Under the guidance of Bishop Nussbaum, a church was built in 1914 where the school is now situated.  The same year, the first baptism and wedding were held in the new church.  The parish prospered and in 1916 the Missionary Sisters of the Most Pure Virgin Mary were welcomed to St. Anthony and began teaching religious education classes.  The school, which was actually the church converted into a classroom when services were not held, began with 20 students.

In 1922, Father Juan Canales, a Spanish missionary was appointed pastor and reopened the school with the help of the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament.  In 1925, a second church was built and the sisters of the Daughters of the Most Pure Virgin Mary from Mexico, took over the school.  Fundraising for a new church was started in 1946 and ground was broken for the building in 1952.  In the 1960's a new school was also built, which has since undergone significant renovation and expansion but is still serving the students today.

Faithful pastors, including Father Marcos Martinez, during the 1970s and 1980s stressed the importance of religious education and evangelization.  Since 1990, priests from the Society of Our Lady of the Most Holy Trinity have served the parish.  During this time, an adoration chapel was established and a middle school offering 7th and 8th grades were opened.  The church, sanctuary, rector, school have also been renovated. 

In 2004, the parish's old social service building was renovated and became a new youth center.

The Parish's annual Fiesta Mexicana draws crowds of thousands to a city-wide parade, food and fun.

 

 

 
Online Giving

Online Giving

Secure and Convenient Donate now!